Today, I will start inspecting around your kitchen for natural home remedies. What is the most easy and simplest thing can be found in your kitchen? Yes, it is onion.
Do you know that onion not only function to make the food more delicious?
I believe you can grab at once these onions in your kitchen. Doesn’t your kitchen have them yet?
Onions as natural home remedies are the most used ingredients in your daily cooking. Their unique flavors make it as essential ingredients in your cooks. It could be served as mixed with pizza, omelets, salad, burger and even in a soup.
Let’s check it out the components inside onions that have play significant role to your health.
- Researchers from University of Bern, Swiss found growth plate chondrocytes (GPCS) inside onions. This crucial component, GPCS, is effective to prevent osteoporosis. GPCS works by preventing bone mass reduction, including calcium. For that reason, onions are claimed to have significant role to avoid osteoporosis.
- One of few published studies in humans, from India, dates back some 30 years, but it found that people with diabetes who ate 2 ounces (60 g) of onions a day experienced a significant drop in blood sugar levels. Researchers credit these effects to the sulfur compounds in onions as well as their flavonoids. These powerful antioxidant compounds also help fight some of the side effects of high blood sugar, not to mention heart disease.
- One study found that people who ate the most onions, along with other foods rich in flavonoids, had a 20 percent lower risk of heart disease. Thanks to their sulfur compounds which help prevent dangerous blood clots and lower high blood pressure. Since sulfur compounds are strongly anti-inflammatory, onions may also help relieve the pain and swelling of arthritis. Plus, onions even seem to boost HDL, the “good” cholesterol.
- Onions are one of the richest food sources of chromium, a trace mineral that improves the body’s ability to respond to insulin.
Bear in your mind now, onions hold crucial part in your health as follows:
1) preclude weakened bones
2) avoid osteoporosis
3) decreasing blood sugar levels
4) lowering the risk of heart disease
5) prevent dangerous blood clots
6) lowering high blood pressure
7) boosting you HDL, the “kind” cholesterol
8) improve your body’s ability to respond to insulin
9) relieve the pain and swelling of arthritis
Chefs usually cut onions into slices by shaping them circles, coating the onions with seasoning, cover it with flour and then fried it. Having this eating habit is a wise thing to prevent those abovementioned potential dangers to your overall health.
Just do it from now on!